Every parent packs hundreds of things to be prepared for everything while travelling to the beach with their kids.
But sometimes the situation no one can be prepared to happens.
For this family that day started with an ordinary trip to the beach. Their 3-year-old son Jacob was playing in the sand like any other children.
Soon everything has changed as little boy started screaming and his parents realised their baby’s feet had been burned so badly that the skin was falling off. The whole family immediately rushed to the hospital.
The burns tuned out to be so severe that
Jakob could have lost his toes. The doctors had to transplant skin from the
young boy’s thighs to graft and repair his feet.
What could have been the reason for this trauma? Burning embers, left from someone’s bonefire and burried under the sand, as it’s believed that sand cools them dow.
On the contrary, according the Dr. Marianne Cinat of UCI’s Regional Burn Center, “sand locks in heat, making smoldering coals even hotter.”
So if you ever
see someone burning the bonefire under sand, try to instruct them about the
possible accidents that could happen because of them.